By Rod Rose
Assistant Managing Editor
— Firefighters remove metal siding from a 60-by-80 foot barn that was destroyed by fire shortly before 3 p.m. Friday. Perry Township Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Wade Seymour said. “It was fully engulfed when we were dispatched,” he said. Cause of the fire in the barn at the Kurt Honey residence, 6630 S. 200 E, wasn’t immediate apparent, Seymour said. At 3:30 p.m. there were small fires scattered through the structure and firefighters from Perry, assisted by units from the Center Township, Lebanon and Zionsville fire departments, were pulling apart debris. A power line to the building was energized and disconnected by a Boone REMC crew. There were no reports of injuries; Seymour said as of 3:30 p.m. firefighters hadn’t fully inspected the building and did not know whether any animals had been injured.