Whitestown is working on two projects that would bring welcome improvements to facilities for town residents.

The Whitestown Town Council heard updates on these two projects at Tuesday’s meeting.

The first project, a “major road improvement,” said Town Manager Tom Combiths, is a $2.8 million road project at the intersection of Main and Pierce streets. The existing road bed is substandard, he said, so they will tear out the entire road, build a new base and resurface it.

The council awarded the contract for the design to GRW Engineers at the meeting. The project is 80 percent funded by a grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation, Combiths said, and the town is picking up the remaining 20 percent. The construction will be complete in a couple of years.

The council held a public hearing for the second project — a $2 million water and sewer project in the Cozy Lane-Royalton area.

The hearing is part of the application process for a loan the town is applying for from the United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development. The loan will help with the funding for the project, which will include new piping for water and sewer and new sewer pumps.

See Friday’s Lebanon Reporter for the rest of the story.

Tags

This Week's Circulars