The Boone County Emergency Management is sponsoring Camp 911, one of many events of the year. The camp started Tuesday and will wrap up Monday. On Tuesday Indiana State Trooper Mike Capicik (above) shows a group of campers his ISP motorcycle. Lebanon Police Officer Tyson Warmoth and his daughter Lexie Warmoth also demonstrated self-defense at Lebanon’s Memorial Park. Wednesday will be a trip to the jail and Thursday will be a field trip to Indianapolis for a demonstration by the Indianapolis Mounted Patrol, the Indianapolis Fire Department Museum and the Zionsville Smoke House. Campers will learn water safety on Friday.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
- Police investigate fatal shooting in Lebanon
- LPD is in a season of hiring
- Police fire pepper spray into fleeing truck
- Boone Beat
- Boone Beat
- Lebanon asks court to dismiss lawsuit over annexation
- Renewed plans may extend Ronald Reagan Parkway into Boone County
- Girls swim teams start post-season
- Eagles top Orioles in HCC battle, but Unified game steals the show
- Lebanon, WeBo advance wrestlers to semi-state